Monday, March 09, 2015

Around the World in a Carry-On Bag: Outerwear

And, the packing series continues...

As you no doubt know by now, warmth does not come naturally to me, but it is of the utmost importance to me. To that end, I wanted to make darn sure I had plenty of things in my bag for combatting cold. I can wear these things individually or put them all on at the same time, if it's seriously cold. If you are just getting in on this series, check out the other items in my bag here, here, here, here, and here.



Ibex Shak Merino Jacket--I wear this jacket pretty much every day. It's lightweight, but quite warm, and layers very well. It has cell phone-sized inside pockets and zippered outer pockets. It also has thumb holes, for more hand warmth when worn alone and for keeping the sleeves in place when layering.

Patagonia Nano Puff--This is a traveller's dream. It folds up into its own pocket but doesn't skimp where it counts. It also has plenty of zippered pockets and a nice fitted hood that does a decent job of keeping the wind out.

North Face Resolve Rain Jacket--Sometimes you just need a rain jacket or a windbreaker. And, sometimes you need one more layer on top of all your other layers. This works in both situations.

Seirus Windstopper Gloves--I had a different pair of gloves, at first, but our trip to Niagra Falls in December convinced me I needed some that offered a bit more protection. These are nice, because they have a cozy lining and are water and wind resistant. I also like the zipper at the wrist, which makes them easy to put on and take off.

Outdoor Research Ninjaclava--This was a thoughtful gift from my sweet husband before our ski trip last year. I love it and use it all the time. The picture next to it shows all of it's versatility, but I'm kind of partial to the bank robber look.

Buff--This is even more versatile than the Ninjaclava and is just one more layer between me and the chill.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say