- Clay got to go out to the ranch a couple of days early to help Grandpa build a shed, which explains his absence in our Thanksgiving Day pictures.
- Weston dropped a six-point buck, with one shot, a feat he is pretty proud of. (I was not there when it happened, so there is no photographic evidence.)
- We enjoyed another delicious Thanksging meal.
- We continued Weston's birthday celebration.
- We celebrated Ruth's half-birthday.
- Several family members reported success with various essential oils: Lavender for eczema, Breathe drops for stuffy nose, Serenity for insomnia, and Frankincense for vertigo. It just makes my day to have something I can offer to help with these kinds of issues when they come up and to hear these happy testimonies!
- Ruth had another successful driving lesson.
- Max got to go quail hunting for the first time and got very close to hitting one.
- I read a fantastic book called The Traveler's Gift, which I think you should all read just as soon as you get a chance.
- Many hours of football were watched.
- There were appearances by pirates and robbers.
- We took a late night drive around the ranch, with a couple of mostly-working spotlights, with the purpose of counting and categorizing all the deer. The deer were not all that interested in our little project, so most of them stayed in their beds or out of sight. But, we still had a good time and quite a few laughs as we rode around the ranch.
|The Bird seems relaxed in his cast iron hot tub, |
probably not realizing he is about to be devoured.
|So thankful for these amazing people!|
(Also thankful for Clay, but he just couldn't stay awake long enough to join us for the meal.)
|Just half of the birthday message for the half-birthday girl|
|The "Buff" Pirate is no one to be trifled with|
|Mighty quail hunter|