Monday, March 16, 2015

Around the World in a Carry-On Bag: Toiletries

I'm finally back with the second-to-last post in my packing series, and I'm featuring toiletries. There was a time when I carried my large toiletry bag separate from my suitcase and lugged around a million things that I might need, trying to cover every possible "just-in-case" scenario, and trying to keep my at-home beauty routines in place while traveling. Since we decided on a "one-carry-on-apeice" policy for this trip, I have been working hard to pare down just to necessities (though I admit to still having a few just-in-case items on hand), and I've been experimenting with beauty products and tools that were previously not even on my radar. I've also been practicing with more natural looks that require less effort and materials to pull off.  Many of the experiments have been inspired by the TSA rules about liquids, which limit the size of the bottles/tubes to under 3.4 oz. and the overall quantity of liquids/gels/creams to one quart-sized bag. I frequently have to remind myself that the toiletries I leave home with are not required to last the duration of the trip and that I can supplement, as needed, along the way. The pictures in my little collage are not in any kind of order, but in the list below, the products are categorized in a way that made sense to me. You can see the other contents of my bag by scrolling down through the blog, or by clicking here, here, here, here, here, here and here.




Skin
Neutragena Sunscreen Stick
Olay Beauty Bar

Hair
J. R. Liggett Shampoo Bar
Foldable Hairbrush/Mirror
Conair Comb
Goody Hair Elastics
Schick Quattro Razor and Replacement Razor Blades

Teeth
Eco-Dent Powdered Toothpaste
Colgate Folding Travel Toothbrush
2 extra front teeth "flippers" (in addition to the one I'll be wearing)

Makeup
Garnier BB Cream
Wet-n-Wild Ultimate Brow Kit
L.A. Colors Lash Building Mascara
NYC Expert Last Lip Color

Tools
Revlon Slant Tweezers
Tweezerman Point Tweezers
Remington Personal Trimmer
Emery Board
Baby Safety Scissors
Small Sewing Kit
Travel Pack Q-tips
Aquasentials Exfoliating Soap Saver Pouch

Girl Stuff
Sckoon Menstrual Cup
pStyle

Protect
All Terrain Herbal Insect Repellent
Hand Sanitizer
Band-Aids
Secret Solid Deodorant
Chapstick

doTerra Essential Oils and Products
Deep Blue Rub (sample packets)
Purify
Peppermint
Melaleuca
Lemon
Ginger
Past Tense
Clear Skin
Breathe
On Guard
Terra Shield
Lavender
DigestZen and DigestZen Softgels
Breathe Respiratory Drops
CorrectX
Aroma 2 Go USB Diffuser




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say