A look at the events of the day:
- We had sunshine!!
- Jeff made eggs, wild pig sausage, cheese toast and fruit smoothies for breakfast.
- Ruth played her second-to-last basketball game and made two baskets.
- The kids picnicked on the patio.
- Ruth and I visited two libraries, gathering up books for school for the next couple of weeks and some to read just for fun.
- The kids played outside in the sunshine and got muddy, muddy, muddy.
- Max took an almost 4-hour nap.
- Ruth and Weston found a gift box, filled it up with treasures from their own rooms, and left it on my side of the bed just because they wanted to show me they love me.
- I went to the grocery store, which I will remind myself never to do again on a Saturday, especially on the Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday.
- Weston and Ruth rode their bikes around in the cul-de-sac.
- Jeff made yummy shrimp fajitas for dinner.
- Max refused to let Jeff sing songs and insisted instead that Jeff play pat-a-cake over and over.
- Weston and Ruth decided to have a sleepover tonight in Ruth's room.
- Jeff and I finished Season Two of 24 after the kids went to bed.
It was a good day.