Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Day in the Sun

A look at the events of the day:

  • We had sunshine!!
  • Jeff made eggs, wild pig sausage, cheese toast and fruit smoothies for breakfast.
  • Ruth played her second-to-last basketball game and made two baskets.
  • The kids picnicked on the patio.
  • Ruth and I visited two libraries, gathering up books for school for the next couple of weeks and some to read just for fun.
  • The kids played outside in the sunshine and got muddy, muddy, muddy.
  • Max took an almost 4-hour nap.
  • Ruth and Weston found a gift box, filled it up with treasures from their own rooms, and left it on my side of the bed just because they wanted to show me they love me.
  • I went to the grocery store, which I will remind myself never to do again on a Saturday, especially on the Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday.
  • Weston and Ruth rode their bikes around in the cul-de-sac.
  • Jeff made yummy shrimp fajitas for dinner.
  • Max refused to let Jeff sing songs and insisted instead that Jeff play pat-a-cake over and over.
  • Weston and Ruth decided to have a sleepover tonight in Ruth's room.
  • Jeff and I finished Season Two of 24 after the kids went to bed.
It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great day.

    we stopped watching 24 a couple of years ago. We found that we were always very tense at the end of the show and decided we had enough stress in our lives already. We enjoyed the first few seasons, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 AM

    Easily I agree but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say