Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weston Scissor Hands

Dear Weston,

You made it through this day alive, and so you have much to be thankful for. For some reason, which I cannot begin to comprehend, you have become obsessed with cutting things. Last week, you got up from your "nap" with huge holes in your shorts and shirt. We had a serious talk about cutting at that time, and discipline followed, but you cannot seem to stop yourself. And, I'll be honest with you, today almost put me over the edge.  In a quiet moment, you found a stray pair of scissors (which I admit, I left out while packing boxes, though even when I think all scissors are accounted for and in a safe place, you still manage to find them) and went to work. You cut your shorts, your hair, the basketball net, a library book, one of Ruth's socks, one of Max's socks, a handmade baby blanket Ruth uses for her dolls, a cardboard block, a beaded necklace, and I'm not even sure what else. In a way, it's sort of impressive that you can bring so much destruction using kid scissors that will hardly cut a piece of paper. I don't think you truly mean to be destructive. I think you just want to know what happens if you cut this...and this, and this. So, I'll explain it to you: things get holey! And it drives your poor mom crazy! So, could you please STOP IT?! Thanks.

I love you no matter what,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Dear mandy what a surprise meet watts family after few months.
    and what asurprise see how big and smart are the kids.
    I do miss you all.
    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Patricia! Thanks for leaving a comment. I hope you are well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I know that you had a hard time, but looking from this side, I find it funny. Mainly because I know with out a doubt that I will be in the same boat in just a few short years. At which point you can be sure to laugh on my blog :).

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say