Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Chasing Rainbows

I have always believed in rainbows. They represent a promise of hope for the future. They whisper, "You made it through the storm, and the sun will shine again." I cannot see a rainbow without feeling a little lighter in my heart and suspecting there is something good just around the corner. 

New Zealand has given us a lot of rainbows. Every single time we've had a moving day while we've been in this country, we've been guided down the road by a rainbow. That includes today, which is the day we will board a plane that will fly us back to our homeland. The message was not lost on me. 

As many of you know, I wrote a post several days ago lamenting our imminent return to the U.S. Those were all real feelings, and I don't regret sharing them, but they were definitely written while the storm raged in me. The truth is, there are many exciting things on the horizon for us, and we have much to look forward to in the immediate and distant future.


This trip has been full of rainbows, real and symbolic, and we are so incredibly thankful for this season of world travel. As we enter a new phase of our life adventure, we recognize there will be days of rain, but the plan is to just keep right on chasing rainbows. 

Some of the rainbows we've been chasing in New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say