Saturday, August 22, 2015

Seventeen

Seventeen years ago, I said "I do" to the man I loved with every fiber of my being and who I considered to be my best friend. I couldn't imagine at the time that I could ever love him more. I was wrong. It hasn't always glamorous--I mean, we celebrated our anniversary today with all our kids in tow at a place called "Balls & Glory." And, it certainly hasn't always been easy. In fact, sometimes it has been more work than either of us thought we could handle. But, work we did (and do!), every single day, even when we don't want to. And, you know what? We are more in love with each other today than we were seventeen years ago. I am so thankful I get to do life with this amazing man! He is my hero, and I still love him with every fiber of my being and consider him to be my best friend! We had such a fun day celebrating with our people in Ghent!

Seventeen years

This is the first time in 13 years
that the kids have joined us for the anniversary outing,
and we had such a great time!

This is what you get at Balls & Glory, a restaurant focusing entirely on meatballs.
(Despite the quirky name, the food was absolutely delicious!)

I thought it was appropriate that we saw a passionflower today while walking around Ghent.

We tried this interesting (but not delicious) local candy delicacy: Ghent Noses.

The lovely castle in Ghent

Burgers on the deck of our houseboat

Weston thought we needed a cocktail for our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say