Monday, April 07, 2014

Monday. All. Day. Long.


  • Clay, who has been consistently visiting our room between 2:30 and 3:30 every morning for the last few weeks, was still sleeping in my bed at the time I usually make it, because I was just too tired to take him back to his room during the middle of the night. I should have known I wouldn't make it back in there to make the bed and therefore should have just crawled back under the covers. If I accomplish nothing else during the day, I can usually say I at least made my bed. Not today.
  • I had a customer service issue to deal with first thing this morning. That's really a lovely way to start any day.
  • While I was on hold with that company, Ruth's piano teacher called to remind me that Ruth had a make-up lesson today, which I had forgotten to put on my calendar. Not a big deal, but just kind of rattled my plan for the day. 
  • Immediately after hanging up with the customer service rep, my phone began to ring. It was the secretary from the church where we meet for CC. A pipe broke over the weekend, and we were going to need to cancel our CC day for tomorrow. 
  • Quickly, a fellow director and I made a plan about a make-up day, which will push our semester back yet another week. (We have already had several make-up days this semester, due to ice.)
  • I then had to call, email and otherwise connect with the entire campus to let them know what the situation was. 
  • The three big kids are in various stages of head colds. There has been a constant chorus of coughing, nose-blowing and requesting pain medication around here today.
  • We received a helpful reminder about what is provided and what is not provided at the condo we will be staying at in NC next month. Linens are not provided, which I had completely forgotten. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just take a bag of our Campmeeting linens." But after searching the garage, attic, storage closet, and any other place I could think of (multiple times), I finally surmised that I have either inadvertently donated or thrown all those linens away. They are nowhere, and I am sad. (By the way, this is a major disadvantage of storing important things in large black trash bags.)
  • I ran into a friend at the grocery store and found out her family will be moving soon. This is good for them, and I'm happy for them, but I selfishly wish they were staying.
  • We got everything set up for dinner on the patio, which required hauling the large plastic table and matching folding chairs out from the garage (since we are without patio furniture at the moment, even though we have a nice, new patio) and a multitude of serving dishes for all the fixin's for soft tacos. We took exactly two bites of our food before the heavens opened and began spilling its contents upon our picnic. It started out as rain, but quickly turned into hail.
  • While rushing to get everything in the house, a bowl was dropped and shattered, and what I thought was the last of the salsa was ruined. (Thankfully, we found another jar in the pantry!)
  • While making a note about something on my calendar after dinner, I realized, with a bit of a shock, that the due date for the mortgage payments had come and gone. 
  • So, yeah, it's been Monday here. We're looking forward to Tuesday. How about you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say