Friday, April 18, 2008

Love Letters

Today I happened across a box of old letters from Jeff to me, spanning the whole of our early relationship--from the first time we met at Student Council Camp up until right before we got married. Some of the letters were written in 1994, and this just floors me. How is it possible that we have known each other for 14 years (and been married for almost 10 of those years)?! I didn't have time to re-read all the letters, but I couldn't resist a few. And it was fun to take that little walk down memory lane. Some were silly. Some were serious. Some were encouraging. Some were passionate. Some were just full of the day-to-day. All of them were perfect. We don't often send each other letters anymore, but Jeff's still my best friend, my confidant, my lover, my encourager, my everything; and I love him more today than I did way back then (when I thought I loved him as much as was humanly possible)!

2 comments:

  1. Aww - that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my most treasured possessions is a box of letters that Joel sent me the first summer we were dating. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say