Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sounds Like Five O' Clock

I can tell you what time it is--within half an hour--and I don't even need to look at the clock. I am attempting to put something together for dinner, and at least two of my children have burst into spontaneous tears. It's five o' clock. Easily the most stressful time of day for me. Every. Day. I have not figured out what causes this phenomenon, but you can bet on it: sometime between 5:00 and 5:30 at our house it's going to be loud and it's going to be chaotic. So, please, whatever you do, don't call me at that time of the day. I won't be able to hear you, and I probably won't be very nice either!

2 comments:

  1. Tears at our house are usually around bedtime and usually because mom & dad are late on the schedule. 5 o'clock tears would stress me out even more . . . here's to hoping for a tear-free weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:00 AM

    Isn't it ironic that some people call this time "happy hour". I guess they don't have little kids.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say