Monday, February 18, 2008

A New Way To Exfoliate

I am in the process of building a business around the idea of exfoliation. I've done a lot of experimentation, but today's experiment may take the cake. And what's even better is, I'm going to share it with you for free.

So the boys and I were supposed to meet friends at Central Market at 11:00. That is precisely the time I was just getting jackets on everyone. In my haste to get us moving out the door, I flung open the closet door to retrieve my jacket, sending the door smashing into the bookcase, which led to all manor of things falling. This I saw happening from the corner of my eye and reached out to catch a small glass container. And I did catch it, too, just as it bounced off the second shelf and shattered into a hundred pieces. I will tell you, several layers of skin--dead and alive--were removed and a few thousand blood cells were also liberated.

I have decided, in the name of Body Dulce, not to encourage this type of exfoliation. But rather, I will promote the more traditional, if less dramatic, sugar scrub. However, if you all are intrigued by this experiment, please feel free to try it for yourself. Just know that Body Dulce refuses to accept any responsibility for injuries incurred.

4 comments:

  1. oh yikes! You didn't tell us that. I enjoyed meeting you all and Danielle did too. Hope we can get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stressful! You seemed very calm at the park...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it turned out not to be very bad...once the bleeding stopped. Just a couple of little cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say