Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nine Is Fine

Today Jeff and I are celebrating our 9th anniversary. It's hard to believe it's already been that long! Seems like we just started on this crazy life-journey together. And yet, it seems like there was never a time when we weren't "we." I am loving every minute of it!! It just gets more fun all the time! We always try to follow the "traditional" gift for the year, and this year's choices were pottery and willow. Unfortunately, last year was also pottery, so that well has kind of run dry. And willow, well, come on. So we had to be a bit creative. Jeff gave me a lovely copy of "The Wind In the Willows," along with a couple of off-theme gifts including a beautiful arrangement of flowers and the very romantic soundtrack to "Calculus, the Musical," (as a joke, of course. Although such a musical truly exists, if you can believe it). I gave him a "certificate" to a bed and breakfast in Fredricksburg called "Willow Ridge Retreat," to be redeemed if we ever have another free weekend. That works, right?! Thanks to our friends Tony and Meghan, we were able to go out to dinner at Truluck's. This was our first visit there, but it certainly won't be our last. Everything was wonderful. And I ate crab until I almost was one. Speaking of which, I better get to bed so I can meet that early alarm head-on.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun time! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say