Tuesday, August 21, 2007

And That's Tuesday

My alarm went off at 6:00 this morning (as it is apt to do these days) and I promptly turned over and hit the snooze button (as I'm apt to do these days). Jeff was already up and in the bathroom, so I knew he would get me up when he came out. Sure enough, he came out of the bathroom and the following conversation took place:

Jeff: Do you want to get up?
Mandi: You need to rephrase that question.
Jeff: Do you want to get up, Your Highness?
Mandi: Not that part of the question. You should say, "Are you getting up?" not "Do you want to get up?" No, I don't WANT to get up, but yes, I am getting up.

I actually said that. And the very next thing that happened was that I heard Ruth's alarm going off--at 6:40 while I was still in bed asleep. And in the background I heard Jeff in the shower. And then I remember thinking, just after the preceding conversation: I am getting up, but I'm just going to close my eyes for one more minute. It's not great to start the day feeling like you're behind. But despite myself, I was able to go on and have a very productive day. Here's what I did today:

  • Got ready in time for "school."
  • Made a very fancy salad that had to be made early so it could sit in the fridge all day.
  • Made bread.
  • Went to the grocery store.
  • Unloaded, reloaded and unloaded the dishwasher.
  • Listened to Ruth read her 3rd book on her 3rd reading chart.
  • Washed some clothes.
  • Steamed and put away all the laundry.
  • Broke up and removed, from the middle of our backyard, two huge oak tree branches.
  • Mowed the lawn.
  • Read book after book to Weston as he attempted to go potty.
  • Supervised a trampoline jumping session.
  • Pushed my kids on the swings, and did a little swinging myself.
  • Made dinner.
  • Went to Curves to workout.
  • Remebered to take the garbage out to the curb.
  • Searched frantically for an anniversary gift for Jeff.
It felt good to get so much done, especially starting off the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say