Jeff: Do you want to get up?
Mandi: You need to rephrase that question.
Jeff: Do you want to get up, Your Highness?
Mandi: Not that part of the question. You should say, "Are you getting up?" not "Do you want to get up?" No, I don't WANT to get up, but yes, I am getting up.
I actually said that. And the very next thing that happened was that I heard Ruth's alarm going off--at 6:40 while I was still in bed asleep. And in the background I heard Jeff in the shower. And then I remember thinking, just after the preceding conversation: I am getting up, but I'm just going to close my eyes for one more minute. It's not great to start the day feeling like you're behind. But despite myself, I was able to go on and have a very productive day. Here's what I did today:
- Got ready in time for "school."
- Made a very fancy salad that had to be made early so it could sit in the fridge all day.
- Made bread.
- Went to the grocery store.
- Unloaded, reloaded and unloaded the dishwasher.
- Listened to Ruth read her 3rd book on her 3rd reading chart.
- Washed some clothes.
- Steamed and put away all the laundry.
- Broke up and removed, from the middle of our backyard, two huge oak tree branches.
- Mowed the lawn.
- Read book after book to Weston as he attempted to go potty.
- Supervised a trampoline jumping session.
- Pushed my kids on the swings, and did a little swinging myself.
- Made dinner.
- Went to Curves to workout.
- Remebered to take the garbage out to the curb.
- Searched frantically for an anniversary gift for Jeff.