Thursday, April 12, 2007

Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

Do you remember the feeling you had when you were about a month away from graduating from high school? That I-can-do-anything, nothing's-too-hard-for-me, I-will-change-the-world-and-the-sooner-the-better attitude? I admit I hadn't really thought about it too much until recently. But, we have a cousin on each side of the family graduating in May, and I've been reminded of that amazing feeling. What a special time--standing there on the edge of your life, where the possibilities are truly endless. My cousin, Cody, will be entering the Marines upon his graduation, and I'm so proud of him. And Jeff's third cousin, (though we just count her as "cousin") Anna, will be going to American University in Washington D.C. where she will study International Business and will work as a tranlator. It's so very exciting...and inspiring! There's no reason we shouldn't always keep that same excitement in our hearts and that same can-do attitude. There is no mountain that can't be moved..."So, be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, you're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way!" (From Ruth's and my favorite book: Oh! The Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss).

2 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling.

    I also still sometimes feel that way. Like I'm about to set off on a huge adventure! On the way to the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your IQ (introspection quotient) has been quite high this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say