Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Have A Dream

More of a fantasy, really. And in it I live in a gorgeous house, where a photo-shoot for Southern Living has just taken place. There are no toys scattered about, no stains on the carpets, no knee-high grass to be cut or doors with broken locks--just to name a few things that are missing. There aren't even any screaming babies. Everything is in order and immaculate. And there are fresh flowers on almost every surface, including the nightstand beside my bed and the counter in the bathroom that no one ever uses. And sometimes I get so caught up in this fantasy that I actually start to believe that such a place exists, and I find myself searching aimlessly on the internet for it. And then I'm always a bit disappointed that it wasn't there. And if it was, it definitely wasn't in my price range! And then * poof* the dream is gone and I'm back where I am, which really is great. You just can't get something this lived in in "immaculate." But still, it doesn't hurt to dream...

2 comments:

  1. Mine's Martha Stewart's homes . . . but she has no kid and a huge staff to look after everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reality check...I needed it and was just having the same dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say