Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Silence Is Golden

There was a time in my life when silence was an enemy to be warded off with all diligence--blaring radios, hours spent on the phone, having the TV on "just for noise." Silence represented bordom or lonliness or some other undesirable feeling I just didn't want to deal with. But I have realized, with the help of my children, just how wonderful silence can be. How nice I think it would be for just one day to have no noise whatsoever--no whining, no crying, no annoying children's music, no videos-we've-seen-a-hundred-times, no questions, no noisy toys. Just silence, glorious silence.

Well, Weston is crying, so I'll have to continue this dream another day.

1 comment:

  1. I love silence now. Sometimes at quiet time I love to just sit there and listen to ... nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say