Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ruth's Mom and UsterBob

When I picked Ruth up from preschool yesterday, one of her little friends met me at the door with somthing very improtant to say: "Ruth's Mom! Ruth's Mom! I will be at Ruth's birthday party, but I have soooo many swimsuits that I'll just have to decide which one to wear."

And speaking of funny things to call someone, my in-laws have a neighbor whom my father-in-law refers to as UsterBob (pronounced "You-ster"). Actually for a while I just thought this was his name, but then I found out that this man earned this title because he "uster do this and he uster do that." I wonder if he has a daughter called "Fixinta Jane?"

And while we're on the subject of what we call people, I think Weston is trying to say "Ruth." It's just the "th," but since he doesn't have any teeth it comes out as this adorable little sound, which I can't qutie describe, but which I really love. And besides that, it's just nice to have a little variety from the high-pitched, oh-so-manly squeal he normally gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say