Sunday, April 30, 2017

Weekend Happenings

I started my weekend a little early by meeting up with my mom and some family friends in Canton to check out the First Monday Trade Days offerings. This was my first trip to Canton and my first solo trip in the RV, and I now feel as if I'm initiated into a whole new level of shopper's club and an elite class of RVers who know how to do things like back a large vehicle and hook up to campground electricity. We shopped during the day on Thursday, laughed and ate all evening, and shopped some more on Friday morning. This was pre-tornado, and thankfully, we were gone long before the bad weather moved in, though I'm very sad for the destruction of property and loss of life in that little community.

Fun in Canton

On Friday afternoon, Mom and I caravanned back to Flower Mound, where we got in on the tail end of Ruth's riding lesson and observed all of Clay's swim lesson, before celebrating Mom's birthday on the patio of a nice little Italian place, on a beautiful evening, while listening to live music, followed by gelato.

Rocking the goggles at swim lessons

All dressed up for Nana's birthday party

On Saturday, the predicted rain held off, and we were able to see all three boys play their sports and do so wonderfully. And, in the afternoon, I tagged along as Mom took Ruth birthday shopping, while the boys watched movies and played outside.

Saturday Sports

This afternoon, we paid a visit to the batting cages and Gander Mountain, before heading over to a very windy and slightly chilly baseball practice. The rest of our day was spent doing some serious trip planning, as we are only about 10 days from leaving on our epic summer trip!

First time at the batting cages

It was a wonderful weekend, and I'm so thankful for those I got to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say