I know some of you enjoy (or at least are semi-interested in) our school updates. This one will be very brief, since I still have about a million things to do tomorrow before we can hit the road.
- Ruth and Jeff worked their way entirely through the third grade math book and will begin the fourth grade book when classes resume. They have also begun working on some pre-algebra, just for fun.
- Ruth finished 4/5 of her third grade grammar book.
- In history, she finished "The Story of the World Volume 2: the fall of Rome through the rise of the Renaissance," along with several projects, activities and extra reading about notable historical figures and the times in which they lived.
- She is part-way through her fifth spelling book. She also advanced to state in spelling for PSIA, though she did not place in that event at state.
- She won first place at state for Creative Writing. (You already know this, of course, but I couldn't help an extra brag)
- She completed this year's study of astronomy, especially enjoying her trip to the planetarium earlier in the semester and Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" videos the last few days of class.
We are very excited to announce that we have added a new student this semester.
- Weston has started work on the first grade math book and will start an official kindergarten curriculum when school is back in session. He can already count to 100, by ones, twos, fives, and tens.