Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Sweet Weston:

The day dawned bright and fair today, and the sun shone all day long, obviously in honor of your special day. (This was literally the first day we've had in November that wasn't cloudy and/or rainy, and rain is predicted again for tomorrow). It was three years ago today that you easily and peacefully made your way into this world. And you have remained at ease and at peace ever since. You are a beautiful child. And delightful. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm your mother)! You love hot dogs. And yellow. And sleep. (Even on this, your third birthday, "nap" was on your list of things to definitely do). You adore your big sister and are so fond of your little brother. You are a joy to everyone who knows you. You are built like a tank, but have the softest little heart. You love to tinker. And you have an eye for fashion as well. You are a natural in the water and with any kind of ball. You have a tendency towards clumsiness, but you usually get up smiling, ready to try again. You are a joker, and your laugh is contagious. You always want to help and often look for opportunities to share. You prefer to sit in someone's lap, if possible. And you take comfort from your baby and your special "Do-Do-Do" song. You love to wrestle with your dad, and you often show your affection for him in the form of a punch to the gut. Thankfully, you instinctively know that form of affection wouldn't go over well with your mom, so with me, you give spontaneous hugs and kisses without reserve. You love to watch the slideshow of pictures I have as a screensaver on my computer, and in fact, that is the only "video" that will hold your attention for any length of time. You observe the world, quietly taking it all in. And then you astound us with some new fact or observation we didn't even know you had picked up. You have such an incredible enthusiasm for life that is a joy to watch. You are such a blessing to my life, and I can see the Lord working in you already to make you into a man after His own heart. I am so very proud of you--for all that you are and for all that I know you will be! Thanks for picking me to be your mom and for letting me be a part of your wonderful little life. I love you so much!
Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Weston! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    What a sweet, sweet tribute to our young man Weston. He is indeed a delight to his Jones grandparents and we love him and his siblings with all our hearts. I can't wait for another of his hugs and for him to sit in my lap come January. Love, Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Weston! He is such a precious boy.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say