Saturday, June 07, 2008

Every Which Way

Everyone staying in my parents house was going a different direction today. Ruth, Max and I went over to Austin for a birthday party for a couple of Ruth's friends from Kindergarten. My mom went to a wedding in Rogers. My dad went to mow the grass at he and my mom's place on the Lampassass River. And, Jeff and Weston went to an event at the Sand Creek Farm and Dairy in Cameron, where they fed pigs and chickens, gathered eggs, took a hay ride, made butter and brought home organic, farm-fresh products with which to make our dinner--including a gallon of milk that cost TWELVE dollars! Needless to say, we won't be making that a household staple...unless we decide not to send our kids to college! The dinner was delicious, though, and the boys had a really good time. I hope we can plan another visit sometime after we get back from Brazil so Ruth and I can go, too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    I feel like I have lived this.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say