Monday, June 30, 2008

Blissful Belize

Well, we made it to Paradise on Saturday afternoon, though I was a little concerned I was actually headed for an episode of Survivor, based on some of the things packed by my other traveling companions--duct tape, plastic cups (large and small), a large jar of peanut butter, artificial sweetener and a spiral sliced ham. Not to mention all the fishing equipment, snorkel gear and pool toys! But, alas, I have not been dumped in the jungle to fend for myself (yet). Instead, I have spent my time sitting on the deck of our amazing condo, looking at the ocean, reading, lounging down by the pool, walking along the beach, taking full advantage of lobster season which opened on Saturday and generally being completely stress-free (if you don't include a couple of hairy rides in the golf cart). I don't have pictures up yet, but trust me when I tell you this place is amazing! It will be hard to pull ourselves away--and if it weren't for the promise of six months on the beach immediately following our time here, I don't think we'd ever leave! I know I said I probably wouldn't post again until we got back, but what can I say, I'm full of surprises, and I like to keep you on your toes. Now, if you'll excuse me, there is a lounge chair calling my name.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. I've had a pretty stressful weekend and would like to relax - mind if I join you? :-) Miss you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

    Janna spent her honeymoon in Belize and loooooved it. From your description, how could you not???!

    My dad also has an old Army buddy down there who's a cop now... THAT sounds like a good beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Glad you are getting to relax and that the place exceeds expectations. Wish we were there but maybe that can be a future destination. Hope you have a safe trip home, but I'm sure you don't want to think of that! See you next week. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say