Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ruth's Day In The Sun


We began the day a little earlier than normal so we could go up to the school for the Jaguar Pride Assembly. Ruth was awarded one of these Jaguar Prides back in the Fall, and she received another one a couple of weeks ago for contributing positively at her school. The assembly was extra-special for Ruth today as she had 2 parents, 2 brothers, 2 grandparents and a great-grandparent there. (I might add that it was nothing short of a miracle getting us all up and ready and out of the house by 7:15)! Ruth was absolutely beaming with pride when we left her this morning! And we are all as proud of her as she is of herself!


Ruth's day continued to be special when I took her out for a girl-only night tonight. We went to see Horton Hears A Who, which was a really fun movie that we both enjoyed. Then, we went out for dinner (just the two of us) at Jason's Deli. She was thrilled to have me all to herself, and I was overjoyed at getting to have some one-on-one time with her. I know I won't have these days forever, so I cherish every minute of them while I do have them.

1 comment:

  1. I understand. I don't know if it's hormones or what but lately I've been thinking about how much I adore my little girl and how in about 12 short years she will be all grown up and going to college...sniff, sniff. Glad you got some one on one time.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say