Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weszilla

With Jeff and Weston on vacation last week, and Ruth at school everyday, our house stayed remarkably clean. In fact, I don't think there was one day when I felt overwhelmed by mess. There weren't toys on the floor or books scattered about--no misplaced sippy cups and very few dirty dishes. This week, it's a different story. I think I've already run the dishwasher three times in the past two days, and I absolutely could not keep up with King Destruction today. He was ripping books off the shelves like his life depended on it. And when I asked him to stop, he toddled off to the playroom and immediately emptied the ball bin in the middle of the floor. "Don't like that, Mom? How about if I pull everything off Dad's nightstand?!" he seemed to say. It was just one thing after another, and I realized what I didn't miss about this little guy while he was away. It's a good thing he's such a cutie, and that he says adorable things like "Ho-Hay" (okay) when you ask him to stop doing something and "Lub-oo" (I love you), followed by a 'Zilla-sized hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say