Sunday, March 04, 2007

IKEA

I had my first opportuntiy to visit the IKEA store today. Wow. I don't think I've ever been in a larger store with cooler stuff at such reasonable prices! And when I say large, belive me when I say you could easily, easily get lost in there. In fact, if the store weren't so well marked, we never would have made it out. But we did make it out, and with some treasures. I got a really cool shelf for the utility room, a plastic bag storage unit and a couple of suction cup scrubbing brushes for the kitchen. And I have plans to go back soon for a few other things. If you haven't been there before, one of the neat things they have are rooms set up completely as if someone was living in them (without the clothes on the floor or the dishes in the sink), and Ruth went absolutely nuts over this. She went in every single room and prentended to live there ever so briefly. She opened every drawer of every dresser and cooked a meal in every kitchen. It was like a life-size doll house for her, and she just loved it. The next time we go back, though, it will definitely be in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week when, hopefully, it won't be so crowded.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I went on a Saturday recently and was sad. I previously went in the middle of the week and it was much less crowded. It's a pretty fun store though!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say