Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tropical Thursday


Papayas and mangos were on sale this week at the grocery store, so I bought up hoping that just by having them in the house we could be on a virtual island get-away, since doing the massive pile of laundry from the last vacation has really taken away some of the vacation buzz. Anyway, today I felt inspired and dared to create a Carribean feast. It worked out swimmingly--to stick with the vacation theme. We had Creamy Carribean Griled Chicken Salad for dinner and it was wonderful. I added some slivered almonds and served the salad in avocado halves, on top of a bed of lettuce and surrounded by tomatoes. Very pretty, if I do say so myself. Currently, my wonderful Sweetie is trying to figure out how to opperate the blender so he can mix us up some pina coladas, and our island vacation can go on and on--at least for another hour or so. Maybe I'll dream myself into a bronzy tan and a size 2 bikini. Aloha, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. very nice looking, and good idea.

    i know how you feel about the laundry. hopefully you came home to a clean house. i hate arriving back home to a messy house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday is in 39 minutes. Just thought you would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. And some cute flip flops to go with the tropical Thursday I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always cute flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say