Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fun at the Dentist

I had to go in and get my teeth cleaned today--always a fun activity. While I was there the following conversation ensued.

(Scrape, scrape, scrape)

Hygenist: Hmm. Looks like you have some bleeding here.

(Scrape, scrape, scrape).

Hygenist: Do you floss? (This asked while she has both of her hands and two pieces of equipment crammed in my mouth).

Me (finally): Occasionally.

Hygenist: The bleeding may be caused by gingivitis--and it may be made worse by hormones since you just had a baby.

Me (Not really what I said, but definitely what I thought): Yeah. Maybe. But isn't it just possible that the bleeding could be casued by you poking me with an evil-looking, pointed hook thing.

Yes, yes. It's always fun to go to the dentist. And luckily I get to go back in four months and do it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the most joyous thing?

    I HATE the dentist, but I go because I must.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say