Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bargain Funhouse Adventure

I was a woman on a mission today. I needed some new workout clothes and I was determined not to spend much money on them. So, I decided to try the new Goodwill Outlet Store that just opened near our house. That's right, I said Goodwill Outlet Store, and I wasn't being redundant. There is actually a store where you can get Goodwill items at a lower price than Goodwill. The catch is everything is just piled up in these huge bins and you have to dig through. Some of the items are damaged, some are dirty, and some are almost brand new. It's truly a unique experience. It's really the same feeling as being in a funhouse: somewhat terrifying (like when you come across a pair of questionably clean underwear) and somewhat exhillerating (like when you find a pair of Polo slacks in perfect condition in your husband's size). All in all I came out pretty good: nine pieces of clothing, including the workout clothes I went in for, a dress and a pair of shorts for Ruth, and two pairs of shorts, a swimsuit and a pair of slacks for Jeff all for only $13. To be sure, I grabbed up the hand sanitizer before I even got in the van, and I immediately put my treasures in the washer when I got home, but I kind of felt like I was getting away with something when it was all said and done.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Underwear! There's a pretty new Goodwill over here by the Walmart on 183 & 35. I went in there the other day and found some decent clothes too.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say