Thursday, August 17, 2017

Thankful

If you are following my Year of Firsts blog, you know that I injured my knee and am now hobbling around on crutches while wearing a giant knee brace. There was a moment this morning when I was tempted to give in to the "poor mes," but when I opened my eyes and looked around, all I could see was how much I have to be thankful for. In no particular order, here is what I'm thankful for today:


  • I live in a one-story house.
  • I have big kids that can get their own food, take their own baths, stay at the house while Jeff takes me to the doctor, work mostly independently or assist each other on school assignments, and help around the house in so many ways, plus one that is even able to drive.
  • Jeff has a flexible schedule and is home most of the time.
  • I do not have an out-of-home job I have to go to.
  • The master shower that I have had contempt for since we moved into the house has a built-in seat and a combo shower head, which can easily be used as a handheld sprayer. 
  • I have a network of extended family and friends who are willing to help out at a moment's notice and who are checking on me and praying for me.
  • My sweet, sweet husband and kiddos who are quick to anticipate, inquire about, and meet my needs and who care deeply about my well being.
  • An opportunity to practice patience and stillness, which are skills I definitely need to improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say