Friday, August 25, 2017

Diagnosis and Next Steps

So many of you have been incredibly kind and thoughtful to check on me and offer assistance since I injured my knee, so I thought you might be interested in hearing about my visit with the orthopedic doctor today. The ACL is definitely torn (actually "gone" is the word the doctor used when he showed me the images produced by the MRI) and a meniscus is torn. I have a month of physical therapy ahead of me before I can go in for surgery and then several more months of PT to get back to the active lifestyle I desire. The surgery has been scheduled for September 22, and I'm so thankful to have the ball rolling in a recovery direction. Thank you all for your concern and wishes for a quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say