Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Sweet Summertime

Our kids worked really hard this school year, and they met their goal to finish at the end of last week. The PSIA state meet marked the end of the school year, and yesterday was our first day of summer break. Fortunately for us, the weather has decided to be absolutely gorgeous this week, so the kids are spending most of their waking hours outside. Consequently, Jeff and I could no longer keep Ruth's special birthday present a secret. We pulled the new bike out of the attic and presented her with it today. This is a pretty big deal because all of Ruth's previous bikes have been garage sale bargains. Not only is this one brand-spanking new, it is also officially an "adult" bike. Ruth is very proud of her new ride, and she and the boys had a great time cruising up and down the driveway. I foresee many more hours of bike riding in their futures. In my mind, summertime and bicycles are deeply entwined, and I hope my kids can make as many happy summer memories riding their bikes as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say