Thursday, March 28, 2013

Off the Beaten Path

There is a sinewy little boy I know, clad today in denim shorts,  a very dressy suit vest, a fancy cowboy hat, tough-looking work gloves, his red-topped cowboy boots and a bright turquoise Tow Mater t-shirt that reads, "Ah, Dang!" He also has a serious-looking weapon shoved in his front pocket and a Color Run tattoo on his left cheek. He is the very picture of perfection!


After lunch, I asked him to go up to the street and bring the garbage cans back to the house. He enthusiastically embraced his mission, as I watched from the garage. He rocketed up the driveway but suddenly veered off into the "wilderness." That's when my heart skipped a beat, and I was reminded again how much I love this little life--full of passion, lacking fear and always running off the beaten path. I have much to learn from him, and I'm thankful for an opportunity to study under such a master.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say