Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Healthy Dose of Humility

Jeff and I started running in January. Slowly and steadily, we have seen ourselves make progress, and we are pretty proud of our accomplishments. Yesterday, we both did our personal best. I ran for 22 minutes straight, at almost 6 miles an hour, without stopping to walk. And, I felt pretty good about myself when I was done. But then, Jeff suggested we add some strength training to our routine. We decided to ease ourselves into it this morning, and I can tell you, it was truly a humbling experience. My arms still feel like Jell-O, and I pretty much feel like a pathetic wimp. But I think I remember feeling almost just like that when we started running. So, there is hope. It's good to have new goals to set and accomplish, and it's good to have a healthy dose of humility from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mandi!
    Pretty soon, you'll be able to bench your weight again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you're sweet to think that's even possible! Unfortunately, that number is MUCH higher than it was in high school! At this point, I'll settle for just correctly pulling off two push-ups without wanting to cry!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say