Monday, April 02, 2012

Things that go bump in the night (and the middle of the day)

From the moment the windows were installed in the house, we have had all manner of fauna crashing into them--from little bugs to little boys. The worst offenders, by far, have been the moths and the birds. The moths actually woke me up around 5:00 am the other day with their incessant pounding, and it took me quite a while to figure out that I wasn't hearing the steady downpour of a nice rain shower. Lots of small birds seem to have had an especially hard time navigating the windows in the living room and the window in the master shower. But, today, while we were having lunch, a fairly large bird came zooming into the kitchen window, with enough force to make an imprint. Dazed by the original impact, he bounced and hit again, but amazingly managed to stay in the air and continue on his merry way. I do not envy him the headache he must have taken with him. And I can't tell you how thankful I am that he didn't come all the way through the glass and land in my kitchen sink. 

Face plant

Winging it 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Poor little bird. If you had diry finger printed windows like mine, then this wouldn't happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, trust me, the windows aren't clean by any stretch of the imagination. It's more a testimony of the dumbness of the creatures than the cleanliness of the family that lives here!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say