Thursday, September 23, 2010

So, how do you really feel?

Yesterday, towards the end of the day, when emotions sometimes run high, Weston kind of lost control of himself, and in a rare fit of anger and rebellion, threw a box of crayons across the room. You can imagine that this did not go over well with the maternal figure, and after appropriate action was taken on her part, this young lad was sent to sit on his bed to cool off. When the calm finally started to settle in (after the stomping and screaming and crying), this child was overheard singing his frustration over and over again: "I'm so angry, so very angry. I've got the angry down in my heart." I literally had to step outside so as not to let him hear me laugh.

Later, when I went up to talk to Weston about his behavior, I asked him if he knew why he was in trouble. He rightly said it was because of his rebellion and because of disobeying. I then asked him if he could tell me the verse he has been memorizing in CC. Without hesitating, he started: "Children, obey your..." Then he scrunched up his face, and continued without gusto: "Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right. Honor your father and mother..." He was so clearly disgusted to have been "caught," that I once again found myself trying not to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say