Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Messes I Have Known

*My in-laws will kindly refrain from reading this post and will think happy thoughts about their once beautiful home*

Here are some of the interesting things I did today:
  • Cleaned tee-tee off the floor. Twice.
  • Changed the culprit's clothes. Twice.
  • Caught my youngest splish-splashing in the toilet after he had clearly gotten bored with unrolling the toilet paper.
  • (Tried not to puke).
  • Changed the culprit's clothes.
  • Caught my youngest emptying the trash can while simultaneously enjoying a snack.
  • (Tried not to puke).
  • Cleaned trash up off the entire kitchen floor.
  • Swept and re-swept the area under the baby chair, and even got down on my hands and knees a couple of times for the really juicy morsels that the broom could do nothing with.
  • Attempted to sweep up about a thousand square foot of spilled glitter, creating at least another thousand square foot of the sparkly mess and spreading it to the far reaches of the entire house.
  • Used dozens of towels to clean up gallons and gallons of spilled water in various rooms around the house.
  • Attempted to keep the toys from completely taking over.
  • Mopped up spilled milk like it was going out of style. But didn't cry.

4 comments:

  1. This is TOTALLY my week! What is UP with kids in the toilet and trash! I can't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knock on wood my messes have been of a pleasanter nature. :)

    Glad to know you're on top of the cleaning though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Mom-In-Law here. I thing I posted my reply on the wrong blog date. Please refer to the next day for my response about the mess in our house. We love it!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say