Friday, October 31, 2008

Where was this low-hanging blog fruit yesterday when I was desperate for material?!

So yesterday, I had nothing to blog about, and I was too tired to do so. Today, my friend, Lori, tagged me with one of these "getting to know you" things, which would have been something I could have handled even in my very tired state yesterday. Today was entertaining in its own right, but can be covered by the "to-do list" section of this post, so this is going to be sort of a "twofer." (Pictures to follow in a seperate post another time). I'm no good at tag and don't enjoy being "It," so if you like this little diversion and want to post your answers on your blog, please feel free, but no pressure.

Rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people & posts their names, then goes to their blog & leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged & asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've answered the questions on your blog.

10 YEARS AGO I...
1. was newly married to the man of my dreams.
2. was in the thick of my senior year of college, probably cramming for mid-terms and praying for passing grades.
3. was a co-teacher of the freshman Sunday school class (along with Jeff) at the church we were attending.
4. was living in a teeny little low-rent apartment surrounded by, let's just say "interesting," neighbors.
5. was taking myself much too seriously and worrying about things that would never make one ounce of difference.

5 THINGS ON TODAY'S TO DO LIST...
1. Teach reading.
2. Join the procession to give the mummy of Pharaoh Khufu C a proper burial.
3. Visit chocolate factory.
4. Shoe shopping.
5. Scope out the birthday cake selection at the local bakery.

5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A MILLIONAIRE...
1. TRAVEL!!
2. Give Jeff flying lessons and his own plane.
3. Buy really cool gifts for everyone I know...all the time.
4. The usual material things, I guess--new house, new car, new furniture, new clothes, new shoes, etc.
5. Fly first class.

5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED...
1. Haskell, TX
2. Belton, TX
3. College Station, TX
4. Austin, TX
5. Vila Velha, Brazil

5 JOBS I HAVE HAD...
1. Kids Klub counselor (after-school care for elementary-aged kids)
2. Texas A & M bookstore clerk.
3. Personal aide to elementary student with Cerebral Palsy
4. Entrepreneur--first gift baskets, then sugar scrubs
5. My fave (and by far the most rewarding)--a Mommy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you worked at the college bookstore; I worked at the ACC one. It would amaze me how many people would come in to get the textbook 5 minutes before their class started then get upset that there was a long line.

    How is the sugar scrub business? On hold until your return?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar scrub business is on hold until I get back and get settled. I tried making one batch since I've been here just for my own enjoyment, but the ingredients just aren't the same. It was more of an ooey, skicky mess than a luxurious, pampering bathtime experience. But my mother-in-law brought me ingredients from the U.S. so I'll definitely be trying again!

    I LOVED working at the bookstore, btw. Everyone who needed anything came through our store, which was right in the center of campus. I felt very well-connected. Plus, I have a serious "thing" for school supplies!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say