Thursday, May 29, 2008

To My Beautiful Ruth:

Six years ago today, I was graced with the title "Mom." I knew little of what that meant, but I knew the little girl I held in my arms was an amazing gift from God. I thought you were easily the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. And when I look at you today, I feel the same way! But not only are you beautiful; you are also smart and funny and sweet. You love everyone and are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known. You make me smile every single day. And I'm so thankful for the privilege to know you. I want you to know how very proud I am of you. I have enjoyed these last six years more than any other years in my life. I look forward so much to watching the future unfold before you. You can go where you want to go, do what you want to do, be who you want to be. And I'll be right here--loving you and cheering for you and trying not to get in your way. Happy birthday, Sweet Girl. I love you!

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ruth! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely...
    happy birthday, ruth. we love you and will miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say