Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Jeff's "Business" Trip

I talked to Jeff tonight, and I have to say I'm very jealous of this so-called business trip. He has been doing all kinds of neat things, though he claims he really is working "very hard." Today at his conference he met with an "image consultant," who had been hired by someone there and was dishing out advice for free. Normally, her services go for $200/hour! Now that's a lot of money to pay someone to tell you that your hairstyle is out-of-date!

After all that very hard work, Jeff was able to enjoy some time to himself. So, he chose to attend an off-Broadway performance, which he said was hillarious...and he didn't even get all the jokes. And if that weren't enough, while he was getting his ticket for that performance, he somehow managed to score free tickets to the Letterman Show for tomorrow night!

And on top of all that, he said he's gotten to eat some fabulous cheesecake. Unbelievable!

There's really just one major factor that's keeping me from being completely green: the weather. He said it's just been miserably cold there, with the temperature hoovering right around 32 and off-and-on rain. Jealousy abated!! I'll just be happy with what I've got: 85 and sunny!

2 comments:

  1. When Joel goes on business trips he always complains that he isn't in the hotel room hardly at all, he has to get up early and stay up late, and he has to have business dinners and lunches, and no time for sightseeing. all I hear is that there were no kids around and that he could sleep uninterrupted and that he could eat whenever and wherever he wanted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is any consolation, when I went on a really cool business trip to Chicago it was fun to go out to eat, see the sights, go shopping, etc but I cried myself to sleep every night because I missed Trey & Danielle. And it really IS exhausting having to be "on" in conversation during dinners, etc. You really just want to veg like you would at home and you can't do that.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say