Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Month of School

Here are some of the things Ruth has done in the last month of school:
  • Wrote and "published" her own book about tropical birds.*
  • Wrote a list of her own laws, following the example of Hammurabi.
  • Started the vocabulary wall.
  • Stomped her Dad several times in our "Vocabulary Throwdown Challenge."
  • Made own address book with family addresses and phone numbers.
  • Finished the first Spelling book, which she was scheduled to finish in December.
  • Made a book about the seasons.
  • Learned about money by setting up a store.
  • Played "Grammargories."
  • Finished the first math workbook, putting her on track to finish all of first grade Math in December.
  • Learned place values to the hundred billions.
  • Lots of other fun and interesting things that I don't remember ever doing in school.



*If you already read this post and are wondering where in the world that tropical bird book is, well, it's not online. Sorry. If you really want to read it, let me know, and I'll send you a copy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that school is going great, and I am very interested in knowing what "grammargories" is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Grammargories" is my made-up, grammar version of the game "Scattergories." My list has things on it like "proper noun, common noun, verb, pronoun, etc." We use the same letter die that we use for Scattergories to get our letter, but, of course, you could just randomly pick a letter if you didn't have the die. Ruth loves to play this and it helps her really get these concepts stuck in her head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ruth would beat me in a vocabulary throw down as well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say