Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Double Digits

I cannot believe my little Claycito is already 10! It's been a decade of fun and adventure, and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. You make me smile every single day, and I love you more than words can say.

This year has been weird in so many ways because of COVID, but you did get to travel over the summer to California, Las Vegas, and Florida. You also visited Colorado in February. Additionally, we traveled to a Jellystone Park in Kerrville over New Year's and to Port Aransas during Spring Break. You are pretty much always up for an adventure, and I love that about you. 

You have been thrilled to have Oliver living with us since the summer. You love to play with him and love on him, and he loves it too! You were especially thrilled to find out his birthday was in the same month as yours, and you insisted we spoil him with some special treats. 

We changed up the way we do school this year, and you started attending the iSchool K-5 charter school. It took you a little while to get into the swing of it, especially with the difficulty of having to start virtually because of COVID. But once you got the hang of everything, you have been thriving. You enjoy your teacher, Ms. Gasaway, and you have made many wonderful friends. You have performed well academically and have mastered the art of food trading at lunchtime. I'm very pleased with how you embraced this change and bravely stepped into a new situation, and I'm so proud of all your hard work this year. 

You continue to be VERY interested in weapons of all kinds and have amassed quite an armory. In fact, "Nerf War" was the number one activity on your birthday party agenda. You have also shown interest in a variety of video games (especially Minecraft and Clash of Clans), The Lord of the Rings movies, Spotify, and video chatting with your friends. And your deep love of Five Below is still as strong as ever, though you certainly aren't opposed to spending money in other stores if you have the chance. 

Clay, you are a lover and a giver, and you make the world a better place by spreading joy wherever you go. You are easy-going and fun-loving. And you are quick to apologize when you step out of line. You almost always ask how my day was, and you give me "extra hug" every night before you go to bed, which means more to me than you will probably ever really know. You have a wonderful imagination and really clever ideas that I always enjoy hearing about. You have aspirations to become a blacksmith/lumberjack/woodworker, and you have a plan to build a very elaborate house that is filled with booby traps and water slides. I'm incredibly thankful that you came into my life ten years ago! Happy birthday, sweet boy! Thanks for being amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say