Sunday, January 28, 2018

January

This space has been quite neglected this month as I just haven't had the bandwidth to keep up with it. But since it's the main chronicle of our family life, I want to do a broad overview so we don't look back someday and wonder, "What the heck happened to January 2018?" Here are the highlights (not including regular activities and things that were already going on before this month):
  • Jan. 1--Polar Bear Dip, South Padre Island

  • Jan. 2-3--San Antonio with Mimi and Grandpa

  • Jan. 4--I received a life-changing tiara in the mail

  • Jan. 5--I started running again; Jeff found out he passed his personal narrative essays, which is the 2nd test he had to pass in his quest to become a Foreign Service Officer (Diplomat)
  • Jan. 7--Weston joined a ping-pong club
  • Jan. 8--Max started his Ninja Warrior class; Clay started his martial arts class

  • Jan. 9--Max and Clay built a cotton gin during History class

  • Jan. 10--I started my regular Meals on Wheels route; I took my first writing day out of the house; Clay started swim lessons; I started back to yoga

  • Jan. 12--Max turned 10, and we celebrated at the Lego Discovery Center and Olive Garden

  • Jan. 13-15--Weston went on a surprise campout with the Boy Scouts, and they got to spend the night on board a battleship
  • Jan. 14--Ruth's last IEA horse show of the season

  • Jan. 15--Ruth officially became a Civil Air Patrol cadet
  • Jan. 18--Ruth started track
  • Jan. 19-21--Max got to spend the weekend with Nana and Papa and got to attend a monster truck show

  • Jan. 20--Weston attended the Boy Scout Merit Badge College where he got to work on badge requirements with other members of his troop
  • Jan. 21--I got to dance with Weston at his last Cotillion class

  • Jan. 22--Clay and I got to build castles and shields with the rest of his Cub Scout den
  • Jan. 27--Clay got to participate in the Cub Scouts' Pinewood Derby; Ruth completed her first CAP PT test




  • Jan. 28--Brunch at Blue Mesa Grill; Hiking at Ft. Worth Nature Center and Refuge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say