Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

We kicked off our Mother's Day weekend on Friday by picking up my mom at the airport. Then, yesterday, Mom wanted to take Ruth shopping for her birthday, so the girls spent the day in Wilmington, while the boys stayed at the condo, swimming and napping. Mom then offered to keep the kids last night so Jeff and I could go out. We picked a place--The Beach Shop and Grill--on the far end of the island so we would have an excuse to drive all the way down there. It was a fun drive and the restaurant turned out to be a jewel. Everything we ate was absolutely delicious! This morning, we celebrated Mother's Day with a yummy brunch at the Bluewater Grill in Wrightsville Beach. Then this afternoon we visited the U.S.S North Carolina in Wilmington. It was fascinating, and we all enjoyed it so much! When we got back to the condo, we spent a couple of hours on the beach, and now we are watching The Princess Bride, because I found out my mom has never seen it, and I wanted to make her Mother's Day (and life) complete. It has been such a lovely weekend. I'm so thankful my mom could be here on Mother's Day. And, I'm so blessed to be called "Mom" by four of the most amazing kids on the planet!

Brunch at the Bluewater Grill

My amazing and beautiful mom and me

The whole gang

So happy to be called "Mom" by these sweeties

Max and the U.S.S. North Carolina

Gunner

Ready, Aim, Fire!

Each link in this chain weighs more than twice what Clay weighs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say