Monday, March 03, 2014

Ski School

This morning when I woke up, my phone declared to me that it was currently 21 degrees, but that it felt like 7. SEVEN! Will this {choice word} winter ever end?! I'm beginning to think not. I had kind of gotten my hopes up that spring might be a real thing and not just an a figment of my overactive imagination, when, over the weekend, I saw my first bluebonnets of the season, along with a couple of heavy laden Mountain Laurels and show-offish Red Bud trees. But, alas, they were all lies. Because here we are, stuck in this perpetual winter.

But, when life gives you winter, there's only one thing you can do (if you're not going to curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth): go skiing! Which is exactly what we are going to do. And, that is why is was necessary for us to add, for the first time ever, a ski class to the schedule at Watts Homeschool. After baths tonight, Professor Dad stepped in to teach us all a thing or two. Much to the delight of the students, he even did a simulation of a chair lift using dining room chairs! Bring on the snow! I think we're ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say