Thursday, January 16, 2014

As. You. Wish.

We pulled into the lube place for an oil change at a quarter 'til 5:00, not realizing they closed at 5:00. The attendant sweetly told me that they'd be happy to go ahead and get my oil changed and I could go ahead and pull forward. Once in the bay, I was greeted by Andy, a man who bore a striking resemblance to Wesley (Carey Elwes) from The Princess Bride, which happens to be my favorite movie of all time. Mercifully, he did not require me to unload the four children (the youngest of whom was sound asleep) and corral them in the waiting room, but told us we could stay put. The boys had a million questions about the process of changing the oil, and they were glued to the window to try to catch a peek at what was going on down in the pit. Meanwhile, Andy was going about his merry way, doing all the topside things. After a few minutes he came to check with me about something and noticed the boys' rapt attention. And then, he became a hero. He invited them to go down in the pit and see what was going on down there. I've never seen them move so quickly when exiting a vehicle! But, Andy (who I prefer to think of as Wesley) was almost as giddy as the boys. He was telling all his buddies that he was conducting a field trip. (And, remember this is all happening at closing time!) The boys (and Wesley/Andy) came back beaming. And, all I could think was "As. Yoooou. Wish."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say