Friday, July 19, 2013

This Week:


  • Ruth was off at "Nana Camp," getting manicures and pedicures, watching movies, going ice skating, playing at the water park, and shop-shop-shopping.
  • Our ice machine developed a leak, which will hopefully be repaired next week.
  • We attended an event for youth football players, where Weston and Max got their equipment for the upcoming season and also got to run around on the high school football field.
  • We acquired a very cute and not-so-friendly kitten, who I have cajoled and chased and tried to keep alive at least long enough for Ruth to get to see it. (I was successful on that last item, by the way).

  • Our resident barber (Jeff) gave all the boys great summer haircuts.
  • It rained buckets! Glorious, beautiful, much-needed rain. In July. In Texas. It felt like a miracle.
  • With the rain, we have also been enjoying temps in the upper 80s. Another Texas July miracle.
  • The boys and I attended a three-day CC practicum (basically a homeschool pep rally), where the boys attended camps, and I did everything from getting participants registered to giving the welcome speech to facilitating training courses for some of this year's tutors. It was super-fun and utterly exhausting.
  • We attended a dinner party with Jeff's parents and their good friends from Hawaii.
  • I hosted a dinner party for all the directors attending the parent practicum.
  • Our beautiful new niece/cousin, Victoria Pearl Watts, arrived safely in the world. 

  • Clay spent a day seriously contemplating giving up potty training completely.
  • I spent a lot of time preparing for the close of CC registration (tomorrow) for this school year by answering a ton of questions, collecting paperwork and tuition and entering everyone's pertinent information in the right places on the computer. 
  • Clay got a cool pair of cowboy boots (hand-me-downs from his younger cousin), which he absolutely loves!

  • Ruth and I attended her CC Challenge Orientation. We just can't believe it's only a month until classes start!
  • I dropped off two huge bags of giveaway items produced by the collaborative closet culling efforts of Jeff and myself.
  • I accidentally spilled the contents of my wallet and found the dry cleaning ticket for some things I dropped off a month ago. Fortunately, the cleaners still had the items, and I was able to pick them up. 
  • The big boys had pre-football physicals done. 
  • We got our house in Austin listed for sale.
  • I displayed one of my greater acts of insanity by taking all four kids with me for six hours of errand running and school clothes shopping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say