Monday, April 29, 2013

Hammer Time

Grandpa bought hammers (or "barns," as Clay calls them) for each of the boys while we were in Austin on Saturday. And, today, they discovered an unused pallet out beside the trash cans. It was quite possibly the best day ever for three* little boys! They spent the better part of the day hammering on that pallet. And, best of all, I didn't have to get on to them, because it truly didn't matter if they smashed it up. Finally, their desire to destroy was not at odds with my desire to keep all of our property intact! I will definitely be on the lookout for another pallet (or a dozen) to have around for when this one gives up the ghost!




*Weston isn't pictured, because he slipped off before I got my camera out, but rest assured, he did his fair share of hammer swinging.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy8:10 PM

    I think John Henry finds hitting things with a large rubber mallet hammer very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say