Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kid of the Week

Our CC campus has a "Kid of the Week" every week. Parents and tutors are always on the lookout for especially good behavior from the children, and when they see it, they can let the director know that they think that kid deserves to be kid of the week. The kids receive a little certificate and are recognized in the morning assembly. Today's "Kid of the Week" was Weston. He was actually nominated twice, by two different moms, for outstanding behavior last week. Our director was kind enough to share those nominations with me. And, now, I will share them (braggingly) with you. I'm very, very proud of Weston!

I have been meaning to write about my Kid of the Week pick. Weston is my pick. While all our children have wonderful manners, last Thursday Weston went beyond the rest. While some got excited about the coming snack or activity, Weston never forgot his please and thank yous. He was exceptional at waiting his turn and raising his hand to speak. As we moved through the auditorium, he kept quiet and did not speed through, and he opened the door for others. Plus, he keeps a wonderful smile on his face the entire day.

I recommend Weston Watts for kid of the week. He listens well, is helpful, plays well with classmates of all ages, and is a good sport. He participates in discussion, and does not follow others when they forget rules or to be respectful, instead, doing what he knows is right. I appreciate his understanding temperament. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say