Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nine


Hey there, Cheek. You are nine today. Nine. Wow! I have to admit that this one is a little hard for me (and for Dad, too). I just keep thinking, "I just have this much more time with you before you leave home." In fact, Dad and I were talking about that very thing in a private conversation the other day, and we both got all teary and blubbery and had to change the subject. (I'll admit that the greater part of the tears and blubbering were mine). It's not that we're sad that you are growing up. It's just that it's happening so fast, and this birthday, in particular, has made us realize just how fast.

Additionally, I recently had a conversation with you about how your body and mind are changing now and how they will be changing over the next few years. You are definitely growing up and turning into a lady! It is a blessing to watch and a joy to be a part of. 

You have been unwavering in your love of animals, especially horses. You are still planning to be a veterinarian when you grow up. You also enjoy arts and crafts, sewing, cooking, music, playing with your brothers and, more than anything, reading. Dad and I got you a Kindle for your birthday because we couldn't think of anything you liked more than reading, and we thought that would be a good way to carry lots of books around with you, without having to carry lots of books around with you. 

You are smart, talented, funny, loving, giving, thoughtful, creative, and beautiful. Your brothers adore you, and Daddy and I couldn't be prouder of you! It is such a pleasure just to know you! 

I love you so much, Sweet Girl, and I am praying that the Lord would bless you on your birthday and throughout the upcoming year. I'm so glad He picked me to be your mom! I hope you have a very happy birthday!

Lots of love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say